Fun Facts about JM:
- At 8, John Mayer was inspired to take up the guitar after watching Michael J. Fox play “Johnny B. Goode” in Back to the Future.
- After high school graduation, John Mayer spent 15 months working as a full-service gas station attendant for $7 an hour. “My mission at the Mobil station was to become the best squeegee in the land,” he told In Style. “One full swipe, corner to corner. I never let a single drop of liquid remain.” He used the cash to buy a 1996 Stevie Ray Vaughn signature Stratocaster – one he still uses to this day.
- John Mayer admits to one quirky pastime: vacuuming. “I just love to see an array of dust and bits of paper…go from being there to disappearing with one stroke,” he told Newsweek.
- John Mayer collects pricey timepieces. “I must have 40 or 50,” he told In Style. “A man’s got two shots for jewelry: a wedding ring and a watch. The watch is a lot easier to get on and off than a wedding ring.”
- John Mayer’s first celebrity crush? Paula Abdul. “You could play ‘Straight Up’ for me and I would probably have a Pavlovian response to it,” he said in 2006. “I see her on American Idol today and I think she’s smoking.”