Bow down before her majesty. In honour of Delta’s 30th birthday.
1. This is Delta Goodrem. Some of you may unfortunately remember her as the “unrhythmic white woman”.
2. But in reality, she’s so much more than that.
3. Australians will remember Delta as the nation’s sweetheart, when she played Nina Tucker on Neighbours back in 2002.
4. For which she won a Logie. When she was 17.
5. In 2003, her debut album Innocent Eyes sold 1.2 million copies in Australia ALONE. One in twenty Australians bought her album. It sold 4.5 million copies worldwide.
6. She was the first ever artist in Australia to have five number-one singles from a debut album. Oh, and btw she was only 18 at the time.
(Born To Try, Lost Without You, Innocent Eyes, Not Me Not I & Predictable.)
7. Then, to top it off, she cleared out the 2003 Aria Awards, winning seven pointy silver triangles.
8. AND all of this was done while she was undergoing treatment for Hodgkins lymphoma.
9. Her next album, Mistaken Identity, was a little darker but still brought us all some major gems.
Out of the Blue was by far the best single of 2004.
10. She starred in the movie adaptation of every Aussie kid’s favourite book, Hating Alison Ashley.
11. Since those three years of super-domination, Delta has continued slaying pretty much everything she sets her mind to.
12. First off, she’s incredibly beautiful.
13. BUT she’s not just a pretty face. She plays piano, guitar and drums.
14. And she writes all her own music too.
15. Her most recent album, Child of the Universe, is a little more ~grownup~ while still being super fun.
You can’t deny that Sitting On Top Of The World is one of the catchiest songs ever.
16. Her sense of style is so on point it’ll just make you want to cry.
17. Whether she’s on the red carpet…
18. …Or just hanging out at home.
19. Let’s face it, she’s been stylish since the beginning.
VOICE KIDS ON TONIGHT 6:30pm 💌… #flashback #92 #stilldressthesame rocked @lackofcoloraus hats my whole life 😝✌️😎 #stillloveakimono #music #voicekidsau #teamdelta A photo posted by Delta Goodrem (@deltagoodrem) on Jul 7, 2014 at 7:26pm PDT
20. And she always has the perfect Halloween costumes.
21. She absolutely kills every live performance she does.
Do yourself a favour and watch videos from the Believe Again tour.
22. Earlier this year, Delta toured with Andrea Bocelli.
As this chapter to Oz for the tour comes to an end I have a few big thank you’s for making it all so special BIG thank you to @mtcostello for the incredible gown which made me feel special to walk out on stage and do my best with Maestro Bocelli ❤️ perfect dress for tour, sparkles and fit me like a glove… THANK YOU! 🙏🙌✨💗#obsessedwithCostellodresses xx
23. And also did a show with Gurrumul at the Sydney Opera House.
A photo posted by Delta Daily (Delta Goodrem) (@deltadaily) on Jun 6, 2013 at 6:56pm PDT
24. Her video clips are always epic as well.
25. She was by FAR the best coach on The Voice.
26. Last year, Delta released a Christmas album, and we all know that Christmas music is the BEST kind of music.
27. She can bake!
A photo posted by Delta Goodrem (@deltagoodrem) on Sep 9, 2013 at 1:12pm PDT
28. Oh, and she’s a Beyonce fan.
29. Basically, she just seems like the kind of person you really want to hang out with.