1. Seven Grammys later, still more likely to be found baking with cats.
2. She is as dedicated to her fans as they are to her.
3. She is extremely philanthropic. She even topped the Celeb giving list in 2013. Her charities of choice include the Nashville Symphony, libraries across the country, UNICEF, and many many more. Watch below as Taylor gives a private concert for a sick kid.
4. She calls out Sexism when she hears it.
5. She is saving the music industry. 1989 is the only album to go platinum this year. It sold more than 1 million copies in a single week. The last time someone did that was The Eminem Show in 2002. This is how she celebrated
6. On a rare day off, this is what she does!
7. When speaking on a panel about Women in Music, Aretha Freakin Franklin sang her Happy Birthday
8. She tries to be a role model for her fans.
“I did wait until I was 21 to drink. I was so paranoid about getting in trouble or setting the wrong example or sending the wrong message.”
“I put every one of my actions through a filter before I do them because that’s the way my life is,”Taylor explained. “That the reality…If I do something reckless or thoughtless or careless, or I treat someone badly, that doesn’t just affect me; it affects that person. Then, if that story gets out, or some 10-year-old sees that I did that in a news article… my actions do have ripples.”
9. She speaks the truth about supporting other women instead of tearing them down.
10. She plays through the pain. “I’m about to go onstage at @1027KIISFM #KIISJingleBall in LA. Fun fact: I have a wicked case of laryngitis. This should be interesting!” Taylor tweeted before the show.
11. Through all her fame, she still fangirls from time to time
12. On growing up in the spotlight:
My mom has allowed me to grow up one year at a time. She was very protective when I was a teenager, when every other person would say to us, “Are you going to become a trainwreck? When are we going to see you going off the rails like …,” and then they would name these other girls that they perceived to be trainwrecks, which was lovely. So it wasn’t just “Don’t drink until you’re 21,” it was “Don’t be seen holding a glass that they could think alcohol is in.”
Everybody wanted me to become a cliche. And I wasn’t going to let it happen, and my family wasn’t going to let it happen. And now I’m allowed to be 24, almost 25, which is nice.
13. She is the most supportive friend EVER
14. Family First. Instead of attending the MTV Europe Music Awards in Scotland, Taylor Swift went to Notre Dame to see her brother Austin in a play.
15. She turns the haters around
“We’ve met a few times, and I can’t say anything bad about her,” Gaga said. “What she doesn’t know [is] I was at theAMAs or something. Her and I were sitting next to each other and she goes, ‘Oh my God! I love Artpop. I love ‘Applause,’ and ‘Applause’ is my favorite song.’”
Gaga continued, “I was thinking, ‘Yeah, yeah, yeah. This chick is full of sh-t.’ But then my buddy called me, Brandon, who’s my stylist, and she was doing a shoot and he was styling her. He goes, ‘Taylor Swift is in here blasting Artpop so loud, and she is dancing and she’s posing.’”
“I thought to myself, ‘I like this girl,’” she said. “You know why? Because she said the same thing to my face that she said behind my back. Yeah, I like her.”
16. Her fashion game is on point
17. She dances like nobody is watching, even though EVERYONE is.
“I’m dancing on my own//I make the moves up as I go.” = https://t.co/d0k1rf6fMy #ShakeItOff
— Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) September 22, 2014
18. On not being afraid to take a chance:
“Everyone, in and out of the music business, kept telling me that my opinion and my viewpoint was naive and overly optimistic — even my own label. But when we got those first-day numbers in, all of a sudden, I didn’t look so naive anymore.”
19. She knows the internet and what everything means 🙂
20. She feels the same way about Justin Bieber as most of the world
21. Taylor Swift is the 1st woman in Billboard history to replace herself at no. 1 on the Hot 100
22. On needing mistakes to happen:
“As much as I would really like to have saved myself heartache, embarrassment or gossip, I also know that my biggest mistakes have turned into my best lessons and sometimes my greatest career triumphs…If my life had been turbulence free, no bumps in the road at all, maybe my music would be more beige, maybe the stadiums wouldn’t be so full and the mantle would be a little more empty.”
23. Her peers ship her
24. The Value of Art
25. On the haters
One thought on “Happy Birthday Taylor Swift — 25 Ways Taylor ROCKS #BOWDOWN”
Reblogged this on Benji's Music Blog and commented:
Happy Birthday, Taylor!