1. This is Ella Henderson. If you haven’t heard her fantastic hit single “Ghost” yet, you either live in America, under a rock, or both.
2. Two years ago the east England native auditioned for The X Factor UK and instantly proved herself to be one of the most soulful contestants in the show’s history.
3. For seven weeks, Ella’s passionate vocals, old soul (real age: 18), and innovative ~eyeliner techniques~ wowed X Factor audiences.
4. Her emotional covers always rivaled the original, which was especially impressive given that she was just 16 at the time.
5. And even though she didn’t end up winning, it’s OK because neither did the show’s most successful alumni.
Sorry Leona Lewis, winning is for losers.
6. Simon Cowell signed her anyway and gave her the nickname “Adella” because of her resemblance to Britain’s other golden-voiced songtress.
7. Instead of rush releasing an album to capitalize on her X Factor ~fame~ she spent took two years to write and record her debut.
8. That’s right, she doesn’t just sing like an angel — she writes like one too.
All the lyrics to #ChapterOne are now up in the music section on my website 😊🎤 E xx
9. And somehow in the middle of all of that she found the time to release this actually perfect cover of Drake’s “Hold On, We’re Going Home.”
10. Her studio crafts definitely inspired Miley Cyrus’ bedazzling binge.
Too far? 😳 hahaaa #pineapplephone 🍍 View on Instagram
11. Related: Her nail art game is on point.
Thank u miss @catnails for my Coral Mermaid nails!!! X LOVE EM!! 😘💟 @nailharmonyuk @jazzsmedleyxo
Her creative energy knows no bounds!
12. All the hard work paid off because Chapter One, out TODAY in the UK (and, hopefully soon, in the U.S.), is basically a masterpiece.
It seems impossible but it’s true.
14. So, to recap: Her singles are topping the charts.
Doesn’t seem real yet! No.1 for 2weeks !! X u are all truly amazing!! E x
15. She’s performing to sold-out crowds.
Can’t tell u all how excited I am to finally share my album with u all on Monday! X it’s been a long time coming …. But one day, me and my boys wanna be performing them big stages with these songs!! I can only wish and hope that I can achieve this some point in my life!! I love you amazing bunch! Kisses to every one of you out there!! Goodnight & god bless xxx E . X 🌟🙏 #ChapterOne #13thOctober #PreOrderNow xx
16. Her nail art is truly exceptional.
MINION LOVE 💛 Loved playing around with my Gelish products & kit!! My Xmas nails 🎅😄 @nailharmonyuk @jazzsmedleyxo @catnails xxx
Yes, those are minions. Yes, you should be impressed.
17. And X Factor contestants are singing the songs she wrote.
18. Things have come ~full circle~ and her career is only just beginning.