Originally posted on BuzzFeed.com
In the midst of one of the craziest award shows of the year, let’s remember the greats.
1. Britney Spears – “I’m A Slave 4 U,” 2001 VMAs
A true goddess walked among us that day, and still walks among us today. We were blessed with this snake performance, and the world WILL NEVER FORGET.
2. Justin Timberlake – Vanguard Award Performance, 2013
In a single moment, the entire world collectively sobbed at the glorious reunion of NSYNC. And JT was serving dance moves for days.
3. Mariah Carey – “Shake It Off” / “We Belong Together,” 2005
Anthems of the year and the century, TBH.
4. Beyoncé – “Ring The Alarm,” 2006
Beyoncé *literally* fights the police in this performance. She gave tooth and nail to serve you desperate housewife realness.
5. Guns N’ Roses featuring Elton John – “November Rain,” 1992
OK honestly just look at this collaboration. HONESTLY.
6. Lady Gaga – “Paparazzi,” 2009
Classic Gaga at her best. The voice, the costumes, the blood dripping from her eyes. EVERYTHING.
7. Shakira – “Hips Don’t Lie,” 2006
The hips that launched a thousand ships and a thousand memes.
8. Britney Spears and NSYNC – “Baby One More Time” / “Tearin’ Up My Heart,” 1999
This changed us all in a matter of minutes. Serving metallic pants, killer hair, and boy band outfits, Britney and the boys destroyed lives with this performance.
9. Drake – “Hold On, We’re Going Home” / “Started From the Bottom,” 2013
Admit it, you cried from enjoyment and sexual frustration. YAAAS, AUBREY.
10. Christina Aguilera – “Come On Over” / “Livin’ It Up,” 2000
The purple tips, the dance break, and Fred Durst? This is so ’00s it hurts. It hurts sooooo good.